Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Circle is Alnost Complete

As a child I went through some horrible experiences being overweight. That's why I am hoping to run the ING NYC Marathon for TEAM FOR KIDS! This charity provides free or low-cost school- and community-center based health and fitness programs to children who would most likely otherwise have no access to regular physical activity. I'm running to make sure kids have the opportunity to make an EDUCATED choice with their own nutrition and fitness habits, so that they can become healthy adults!


I've been working hard to earn money and sponsorship for the ING NYC Marathon trip, entry fees and to sign up for my charity Team for Kids. I found an AMAZING woman's sports apparel company called BornFit. ( BornFit.com) This is a company run by Mothers Lisa and Julie. During their motherhood they've discovered the need for quality (and stylish) clothing for active moms. They create products that not only made women look good, but also made them feel strong, confident and inspired. So, I contacted them in regards to sponsorship and we're working out the details. I can't wait to wear their gear. I love that they believe that all of us are BornFit.

"The beauty of being "Fit" is that it comes in all different sizes, shapes, interests and even passions. We founded BornFit on the solid belief that strong bodies produce a confident spirit which, as we all know, is sometimes challenged as a mother. But...with a confident spirit anything is possible! "- Julie and Lisa

When I read this, I knew they were the right company to support me on this journey! They are proven testimony that we can do it all while still being true to who we are first and foremost, Moms.

This week was the week my intro blog here on hyridmom.com came out and it was also the week of an article in the Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_14952948) (The other person in the pic is my trainer, Jamie Atlas. You know why he's awesome? Jamie has donates his time to help me battle the bulge! I could have never gone this far without him.)

I'm about 1 month out now from my first race. It's a 10K called the Bolder Boulder, and I hear the incline of the run is KILLER! I hope I can make it with out walking. This race will give me my first look at where I am fitness wise. If I can make this run without walking I will be ahead of schedule. I want so badly to impress everyone, but I know that this run isn't about anyone but me.

All this awesomeness and I have no idea where to start with my Thank you's... my story just goes to show you that if you just try, you can make things happen. These kumbaya moments have been so great... but they also have brought pressure. I have announced my intentions to the world. By just asking, produced everything I need to succeed. I am scared. I know I'll complete this journey and I know that crossing that finish line in NYC will be like walking on air... I'm so excited it’s overwhelming sometimes. I have this giant cold sore, the first one I've ever had in my life! It's a reminder to slow down, follow my path and stick to it. I need to "keep my ducks in a row" as my Aunt Helen would say. I'm working on that, and I know that no matter what, I will rise to the occasion and prove that I can do anything... one step at a time. This unfit kid is making the circle complete... it's never too late to start the new you! I must remember that I'm doing this for me, and to show people out there that they're not a lone in feeling insecure, but I hope to show them by taking that first step, they can conquer world.

No comments:

Post a Comment